What is an antigen quick test?
The antigen quick test – long in conversation, now finally matured. Within minutes, the antigen quick test can prove whether a person is infected with the coronavirus or whether he or she is infected with the coronavirus. whether it is infectious. The previous gold standard of the acute test on COVID-19 is the PCR test. So far still the most accurate test procedure, but unfortunately the waiting for a result usually takes days and the test capacities are already heavily strained.
Quick tests can deliver much faster results, they are performed directly on site and the result does not require expensive laboratory technology.
SARS-CoV-2 Antigen quick test
- Testing an ACUT INFECTION with SARS-CoV-2
- Quick results within 15 minutes directly on site
- CE-certified and approved in Europe
- Optimal for an initial screening test result or comprehensive testing
- High sensitivity (96. 52%) and specificity (99. 68%
- Approved for the use of trained medical personnel
How does the Antigen quick test work?
- Sampling via throat-nose swab
- Mixing of the sample material with a buffer solution
- Application of the mixture on a test cassette
- Read test result after 15 minutes
The test is only approved for medically trained personnel!
Differences PCR test vs. Antigen quick test
Advantages of the antigen quick test
- Very fast result, within 15 minutes
- very good accuracy
- for the majority of all cases, it provides a meaningful result in our proposed test strategy, for a small part, a night test using PCR test is useful
- highly recommended for a comprehensive test
Antigen quick test
The concept of rapid antigen testing will not completely replace the PCR tests. Wherever, however, it is not possible to wait for a result for days and speed is far more important than accuracy, an antigen rapid test is the number one choice. A combination of both methods is also conceivable. In most cases, a rapid antigen test and symptom query can be used to determine with sufficient accuracy whether a person is very likely to be infectious or not, thus avoiding further contagion. In individual cases, a PCR test should be used to rule out infectivity.
According to the current legal situation, a positive result is reported to the district administrative authority, which then initiates a PCR test.
In order to avoid waiting times and large crowds of people in front of the pharmacy, please sign up
HERE FOR THE TEST.
The appointment is made in 15-minute slots. Each person needs a separate appointment (not whole families can be registered for one time). After booking, you will receive an automated confirmation e-mail.
For symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or close contact with a (probably) sick person. Please stay at home and call the health hotline 1450 to coordinate the further procedure!
Positive test results are subject to the reporting obligation according to Sections 2 and 3 of the Epidemic Law and are reported to the Health Office / District Administration Authority. For this purpose, the provision of personal data is mandatory.
The sale price is at the discretion of the test site. We at VIRINNOX only issue a recommendation (UVP).